Carolina Science Cafe
Explore fascinating science topics with us!
Join us on the first Tuesday of every month for Carolina Science Cafe, Morehead Planetarium and Science Center’s free, current science awareness program.
Designed for adults, this program explores the science topics making national and international headlines and offers the chance to meet the experts behind the headlines.
You don’t need to register…just show up!
The Carolina Science Cafe hosts expert presentations and casual discussions at Haw River Tap & Table in Carrboro, providing a comfortable atmosphere to delve into intriguing scientific topics. Beverages can be purchased from their menu, and free appetizers are available from Sigma Xi (while supplies last).
Carolina Science Cafe is presented by the North Carolina Science Festival, a statewide initiative of Morehead, founded in 2010.
- December 5th: Dr. Tamlin Pavelsky || Measuring Water from Space
- January 9th: Dr. Daniel Stancil || The State of Quantum Computing
- February 6th: Dr. Detlef Knappe || North Carolina and the PFAS Crisis
- March 5th: Marley Parker || Stories from the Deep, Life of a Scientific Explorer
- April 2nd: Dr. Adam Hartstone-Rose & Dr. Lisa Paciulli || Life under a Solar Eclipse
- May 7th: TBA
- June 4th: Dr. Ryan Emmanuel || Ecohydrology & Indigenous Science
Curious about previous Carolina Science Cafe programs? Check out our archive!
Sign up below to be notified about future CSC programs and events.