We offer an inclusive work environment where you can thrive.
Morehead Planetarium and Science Center is a great place to work. We look for talented, dedicated, high-energy team members who are committed to offering inspiring science education opportunities.
To view and apply for available positions at Morehead, visit the UNC careers website. The link should filter the results to show just Morehead openings. If it does not, set all filters to “Any” except for “Department.” Set the “Department” filter to “Morehead Planetarium.”
Additional opportunities are listed below under “Current Openings.”
As part of the university, we believe that it is part of our mission to offer real-world learning opportunities to university students. As a result, we have openings for students every year across the organization. Most of our student hiring takes place at the beginning of the fall semester for the academic year and in the spring for our summer programs.
Seasonal opportunities are also available for UNC students. Please see Seasonal Opportunities for more information.
FT Permanent Positions
Equity & Inclusion Specialist
This position serves as the daily operations manager for Morehead’s equity and inclusion efforts and initiatives that serve our internal staff and external partners and communities. The responsibilities for this new position include:
- Develop and implement of a comprehensive range of awareness and skills development programs, and initiatives which focus on promoting and embedding inclusive practices, behaviors, and support structures into Morehead Planetarium and Science Center.
- Work with a broad and diverse range of staff, audiences, scientists, and community partners to help facilitate the creation of a welcoming community where acceptance and inclusion are core to the organizational culture.
- Provide a framework of activities that will further build on Morehead’s reputation as a respectful and welcoming environment.
Apply here: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/248448
Deadline to apply: 02/20/2023
Summer Science Camp Positions
Summer Science Camp Materials Manager
- Apply here: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/246794
- Posting Close Date: 02/15/2023
Summer Science Camp Assistant Coordinator
- Apply here: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/246793
- Posting Close Date: 02/15/2023
Summer Science Camp Counselor
- Apply here: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/246917
- Download and attach to application: Counselor-Application-Supplement-2023
- Posting Close Date: 04/01/2023
The Guest Relations staff at Morehead Planetarium and Science Center is part of the Guest Services team and is primarily responsible for providing customer service and wayfinding service for field trip groups and the general public, in addition to supporting special events, and programs. Common duties include assisting groups with unloading/loading buses, navigating groups to/from programs, and answering questions about their itinerary or programs. Most such reservations occur on weekdays, and occasionally, on weekends. Finally, the Guest Relations staff also supports wayfinding and customer service during public operating hours (such as ticket taking), and supporting general operations at private shows, events, and birthday parties.
As a unit of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Morehead Planetarium and Science Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.