Support science for all
It’s our mission to promote curiosity and deepen our citizens’ understanding of science, technology, and health.
As a nonprofit, Morehead Planetarium and Science Center (MPSC) relies on generous donations from our supporters to fulfill our mission. Your gift makes it possible for us to:
- Host world-class planetarium shows at affordable prices
- Maintain our dynamic exhibits
- Bring engaging activities into classrooms across the state
- Be a community partner to those in need.
Give today to inspire thousands of young people to explore the wonders of science and develop the next generation of thinkers, innovators and trailblazers.
The Morehead Contribution Promise
- Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permissible by law. Morehead is a constituent unit of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, a 501(c)(3) organization. Our federal tax ID is: 56-6001393.
- We have audited financials. As part of the University, our official financials are those of the university. Visit the university’s finance division website to see the latest report.
- See your contributions make a lasting impact each year with our annual report. It gives you information about what we are doing ,who our donors are, and how you are supporting science for all in North Carolina. See our most recent annual report.
- We follow the principles of the Donor Bill of Rights. We strive to ensure that all donors and prospective donors can have confidence in our integrity. Download a PDF copy of the Donor Bill of Rights.
Morehead Planetarium & Science Center is a constituent unit of UNC-Chapel Hill, which is in turn part of state government. The IRS has determined that governmental entities (that’s us) are not required to file a Form 990.