Thank you so much for your interest in planning a group visit to Morehead Planetarium & Science Center. As of March 12, all new requests for Spring 2020 reservations are being waitlisted until further notice. After you complete your reservation, our team will be in contact with you to discuss availability and options for your group visit.
Bringing a group of 10 or more people?
Whether you’re bringing a large family, adult group, Scout group, or daycare, you can purchase tickets at a group rate in advance!
For non-school groups looking to visit the planetarium, you can request a group reservation using our online request form. We use the same form for both school and non-school group reservations – please ignore or leave blank any questions that apply to schools.
1 FREE adult admission per 10 students.
$4.00 per student (for each additional same-day program)
A tax of 7.5% for state and local sales & use for admissions is applicable
to all tickets for planetarium shows only
Please make a reservation for your group of 10 or more people using the button above. We can accommodate groups of most any size, but depending on the total attendance and number of programs your group wishes to see, we may not be able to accommodate the entire group in one day.
Reservations must be requested (and confirmed) at least 1 week in advance. We are unable to accommodate reservation requests less than a week in advance.
Morehead’s Reservations team will then contact you to discuss your reservation options and help complete your reservation within two weeks.
Please call our Reservations Team at 919.962.1236 if you need additional assistance.
- Balances for reservations are due by 5 p.m. on or before 3 business days prior to the visit date.
- Payments are accepted via business check (no personal checks please), or by VISA/MasterCard.
- North Carolina public schools (K-12, charter, and college/universities), NC state agencies, and/or NC county agencies such as school districts, libraries, etc. may receive net-30 payment terms upon request. Contact our Reservations Team with questions.
- Every child and adult (educators, parents and bus drivers) in your group requires a ticket, and must be counted in your group reservation numbers.
- Children or adults who have a Morehead membership cannot use their member benefits for admission during a school field trip or other group visit.
Private Planetarium Shows*
- Students/Children: $7.25
- Adults: $8.25
- Minimum charge of $400 must be met for any private show reservation.
- Tax of 7.5% is applicable to private shows.
*Only available after 4:30 p.m. on weekdays, and non business hours on weekends
For group reservations, it is Morehead’s policy to communicate directly with the group visiting in addition to the third party or charter operator. Please include the name of the organization and a contact person who we can copy on all email communications.
If a third party arranges a group visit, they are financially responsible for the visit, and payment is required two weeks in advance of the visit. “Third party” is defined as a company, organization or individual (charter operator, travel agent, etc.) who is not an employee of the organization or group.
Morehead does not coordinate lunch orders as an add-on for groups; however, groups are welcome to place catered lunch orders with area vendors. Please contact the Reservations Team at 919.962.1236 for additional information.