Summer Science Camps
Science is an adventure – an amazing opportunity to explore the world around us.
Children naturally love to explore our world, and Summer Science Camps at Morehead Planetarium and Science Center are the perfect way to encourage your child’s curiosity and intellectual growth in a fun, nurturing environment.
2021 Summer Science Camps
All camps are located at Morehead (250 E Franklin St | Chapel Hill, NC) or surrounding buildings on The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill campus.Registration Opens Feb. 8
Morehead Planetarium and Science Center remains committed to the health and safety of our campers, guests, and staff. We have strong policies and protocols which include (but are not limted to) the following:
- Hosting fewer camp sessions
- Limiting the number of campers per session
- Leading sessions outdoors when possible and most appropriate
- Increasing cleaning protocols
- Leaving doors and windows open to increase air exchange when possible
For more information on other things we are doing to keep staff and campers safe, please review our current safety protocols online.
Parents can also expect ongoing communication related to health and safety precautions before and during camps.
If you have specific questions, please contact our team at email@example.com.
- Jan 25-31 – Concierge registration for Lunar Level (and higher) members
- Feb 1- Early registration opens for Morehead members at 12 p.m.
- Feb 5 – Early registration opens for UNC Faculty/Staff at 12 p.m.
- Feb 8 – Public registration opens at 12 p.m.
- Early June – Camp Open House & Orientation (meet counselors, see the classrooms and help your child become familiar with the camp location
Morehead Summer Science Camps use an online registration system, which offers real-time updates on camp availability. You can register more than one child in a single online session.
- Your child can participate only in those camps designed for the grade level he or she will enter in fall 2021. NO EXCEPTIONS. This ensures the best possible academic and social environment for all campers.
- Your child can participate in a named camp only once during the summer. For example, a camper cannot register for “LEGO Robotics” more than once.
Look for a confirmation email after you complete registration. If you don’t receive this email within 30 minutes, please check your spam filter.
If the camp you have chosen is already full, please consider joining the waiting list. You will be notified if a space becomes available.
- Morehead members are eligible for early registration, and receive a 10% discount on each camp. Become a member today!
- Current employees of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill are eligible for a 7% discount on all camps.
*Please Note: Only one camp discount code can be used at check out.
If you are interested in a need-based scholarship, please contact Morehead’s Summer Science Camps office at 919.843.7334 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering. Scholarships are limited and may not be available for all camps.
Morehead welcomes donations to the Summer Science Camps scholarship fund, which provides opportunities for children with documented financial need to attend camp. If you would like to contribute to this fund – or if you know a child who would benefit from a camp scholarship – please contact the camp office.
Morehead members get special early registration benefits. Click here to become a member today.