Policies & Contracts
On this page you will find policies and required forms/contracts. Please read all camp policies in detail.
- Camp registration is online only. To register for camps, you must digitally sign camp agreement and release forms electronically.
- Camp spaces are assigned to campers in the order that the registration is received. Morehead’s online registration system provides real-time status updates that show the spaces remaining in each camp as you register.
- Your child can participate only in those camps designed for the grade level they will enter in fall 2020. NO EXCEPTIONS. This will ensure the best possible academic and social environment for all campers.
- Your child can participate in a named camp only once during the summer. For example, a camper cannot register for “LEGO Robotics” more than once.
- A $50 deposit for each camp is required at the time of registration. Camp deposits are nonrefundable unless Morehead cancels the camp.
- The balance of each camp fee must be paid by May 15, 2020. If you register on or after this date, you must pay the full camp fee at the time of registration.
- For Coding: 101 and Coding: 201 camp sessions, there will be a technology fee of $40.
- Morehead members receive a 10% discount on every camp and SciVentures registration. If you are not a Morehead member, you can become a member online.
- If you are a current student, staff or faculty member of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, you are eligible for a 7% discount on all camps. Only one camp discount code can be used at check out. Request more information at email@example.com.
*Please visit this page for a complete list of camp fees for 2020.
- If you cancel your registration for a camp on or before April 15, 2020, you’ll receive a refund of fees paid for that camp minus the deposit.
- If you cancel after April 15, 2020, but before May 15, 2020, you’ll receive a refund for one-half of fees paid for that camp minus the deposit.
- If you cancel on or after May 16, 2020, you will not receive any refund for that camp. Instead, your fees (minus the deposit) will be designated as a tax-deductible contribution to the Morehead Summer Science Camps scholarship fund.
- If Morehead cancels a camp, you’ll receive a full refund of fees paid for that camp (including the deposit). Morehead reserves the right to cancel a camp if enrollment is low.
You must use Morehead’s online registration system to register your child for camp. Within 30 minutes after you have completed your registration, you will receive a confirmation by email. If you have completed online registration but have not received your registration confirmation within 30 minutes, please check your email spam filter to be sure that your registration confirmation wasn’t blocked by the spam filter.
Your confirmation email will include a single link to the required contract and immunization forms. To guarantee your child’s registration for Morehead’s Summer Science Camps, you must complete these forms electronically (including your electronic signature) within two weeks of this online registration. Your child cannot attend camp unless Morehead receives these forms. You can also access required forms below:
Morehead reserves the right to cancel a registration if these forms are not submitted within two weeks of that registration.