Admission & Ticket Prices
Tickets go on sale 2 weeks in advance online or in the Morehead Gift Shop.
Morehead Members | FREE for all regularly-scheduled shows
You must present a valid Morehead membership card for free admission. If you are not a member, you can join online or at the Morehead ticket counter.
Adults | $8.25 + tax
Children, students and senior citizens | $7.25 + tax
If you want to see more than one planetarium show, you can add additional shows to your same-day ticket for just $4.00 each.
Special pricing is available for field trips and groups (10 or more visitors) with advance reservations. Contact our Reservations Team for more information on field trips and group reservations.
Science Stage Programs & Exhibits
Our science stage programs and exhibits are currently closed for renovation. Check back soon for more info.
Please excuse our ongoing mess as we continue to renovate other areas of the facility to enhance our visitor experience. Our Theater and Gift Shop are open on the below scheudle, but our exhibits and science stage programs remain closed during the renovation. Check back soon for more updates!
We will be closed on Nov 27-28, Dec 24-25, and Dec 31-Jan 1.
Public Spaces & Gift Shop
Monday | Closed.
Tuesday | 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Wednesday | 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Thursday | 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Friday | 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Saturday | 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Sunday | 1 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
Monday | 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday | 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday | 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday | 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday | 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday | Closed
Sunday | Closed
To preview our upcoming show schedule and purchase tickets, please consult our calendar.
Morehead is closed on Mondays and on the following dates: Independence Day, day prior to Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day. We are additionally closed on weekdays during the first two weeks in May, and weekdays during the last week of August and first week of September for annual maintenance in our Theater.
- Tickets for most shows go on sale 2 weeks in advance online and in the Gift Shop.
- Children younger than age 3 are admitted free with parent. Please note that a planetarium environment - dark room, bright lights, loud noises - may not be suitable for very young children.
- "Children" - ages 3-12.
- "Students" - anyone who is enrolled in a K-12 school (including homeschool) or anyone who presents a valid student ID card from a college, university or technical school.
- "Seniors" - ages 60 and older.
- If you are bringing a group of 10 or more, please call or email Morehead Planetarium Reservations (919-962-1236, email@example.com) during regular business hours at least 2 days in advance of your visit to make a reservation. You may also request a reservation at this link: Request a reservation online.