Admission & Ticket Prices
Tickets go on sale 30 minutes before show time in the Morehead Gift Shop.
Morehead Members | FREE for all regularly-scheduled shows
You must present a valid Morehead membership card for free admission. If you are not a member, you can join online or at the Morehead ticket counter.
Adults | $8.25 + tax
Children, students and senior citizens | $7.25 + tax
If you want to see more than one planetarium show, you can add additional shows to your same-day ticket for just $4.00 each.
Special pricing is available for field trips and groups (10 or more visitors) with advance reservations. Contact Morehead Guest Relations for more information on field trips and group reservations.
Science Stage Programs & Exhibits
We have re-opened our Gift Shop and Theater for our Summer operating schedule, below. Check our Calendar for show listings and tickets.
Please excuse our ongoing mess as we continue to renovate other areas of the facility to enhance our visitor experience. Our exhibits and Science Stage programming will return in early Spring 2020. Check back soon for more updates!
We will be closed on Thursday, July 4 for the holiday, and on weekdays from August 26 - September 6 for maintenance in our theater.
Monday | Closed.
Tuesday | 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Wednesday | 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Thursday | 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Friday | 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Saturday | 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Sunday | 1 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
Monday | 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday | 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday | 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday | 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday | 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday | Closed
Sunday | Closed
To preview our upcoming show schedule and purchase tickets, please consult our calendar.
Morehead is closed on Mondays and on these state holidays: Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years Day. We run special programming by advanced registration only on New Year's Eve. Morehead will also be closed weekdays on the final week of August and first week of September for maintenance in our theater.
- Tickets for most shows go on sale 2 weeks in advance online and in the Gift Shop.
- Children younger than age 3 are admitted free with parent. Please note that a planetarium environment - dark room, bright lights, loud noises - may not be suitable for very young children.
- "Children" - ages 3-12.
- "Students" - anyone who is enrolled in a K-12 school (including homeschool) or anyone who presents a valid student ID card from a college, university or technical school.
- "Seniors" - ages 60 and older.
- If you are bringing a group of 10 or more, please call or email Morehead Planetarium Reservations (919-962-1236, email@example.com) during regular business hours at least 2 days in advance of your visit to make a reservation. You may also request a reservation at this link: Request a reservation online.