Field trip groups have been visiting Morehead Planetarium and Science Center for more than 60 years. Morehead knows how to bring science to life, with exciting and inspiring planetarium shows, Science Stage shows and Discovery Classes.
Our programming aligns with North Carolina Essential Standards, ensuring that your field trip will enhance your classroom instruction. Morehead’s Guest Relations team works closely with you, so your field trip will be a great educational experience.
Reservations are required for ALL groups of 10 or more people.
- Complete one of the online request forms above to start the reservations process.
- Fall 2017 - Spring 2018 reservations: 9/19/17 - 6/8/17
- Summer 2018 reservations: 6.9.18 - 8.26.18
Morehead's Reservations team will then contact you to discuss your reservation options and help complete your reservation.
You are welcome to call Morehead’s Reservations team at 919-962-1236 with any questions.
- First Program: Students $5.50; Adults $6.50 (planetarium shows or Science Stage shows or Discovery Class)
- Multiple Program Discount: $3.25 per person (for each additional same day program)
- Children or adults included in a Morehead membership cannot use their membership benefits for admission during a school field trip or other group visit.
Every student and adult (educators, parents and bus drivers) in your group requires a ticket, and must be counted in your group reservation numbers. We provide one free adult ticket for every 10 students.
Seating is limited in our venues:
- 220 seats for planetarium shows
- 75 seats for Science Stage shows
- 30 seats per classroom for Discovery Class (Two classrooms are available to accommodate a maximum of 60 students per hour)
* Exhibits are not open during field trip visits.
For field trip reservations, it is Morehead’s policy to communicate directly with the school or group visiting.
If a third party arranges a field trip visit, they are financially responsible for the visit, and payment is required two weeks in advance of the visit. "Third party" is defined as a company, organization or individual (charter operator, travel agent, etc.) who is not an employee of the school or group.
- 9 DOs and DON'Ts to make your field trip easier (PDF)
- FAQs for Chaperones (PDF)
- Teacher's Guide 2017-2018 (PDF)
- Gift Bag order form
- Lunch order form
If you are unable to download PDFs, please email email@example.com to request a copy.