GSK Science in the Summer program administrator recruits, hires and trains educators every spring. Each year, the program needs enthusiastic certified teachers and high school student assistants to lead Science in the Summer classes.
Certified teachers and high school students can apply for Science in the Summer positions beginning in January. Complete the following steps:
1. Read information regarding interviews and training before submitting your application:
- Certified Teacher Supplemental Information
- Student Assistant Supplemental Information
2. Complete the application on the UNC-Chapel Hill career website:
- Certified Teacher Application
- Student Assistant Application
3. Complete the Availability Form and upload to your application on the UNC-Chapel Hill career website.
- Availability Form
*Please download the form to fill it out.
4. Complete the Recommendation Forms online.
- Principal Recommendation Form (Certified Teacher applicants)
- Teacher Recommendation Form (Student Assistant applicants)
- All Science in the Summer Staff must complete a paid training on a specific date (details in the supplemental information above).
- Hiring preference goes to those with prior Morehead Planetarium program experience and/or those who teach at or attend schools in counties where SIS sites are located.