For Teachers & Student Assistants
Each year, the GSK Science in the Summer™ (SIS) program needs enthusiastic teachers and high school student assistants to lead each session. The SIS administrator recruits, hires and trains educators on how to use the GSK science curriculum every Spring. Hiring preference goes to certified teachers.
** Gates County Teacher Information
**Gates County Student Assistant Information
2. Download and complete the Availability Form.
a. Availability Form (please click the link to download)
b. Gates County applicants do not need to upload an availability form with their application. Camp dates will be discussed during your interview.
3. Complete the application on the UNC-Chapel Hill career website. Be sure to upload the Availability Form with your application materials in the “Other Documents” section of the application. This is required.
a. Teacher Application
b. Student Assistant Application
- All Science in the Summer Staff must complete a paid training on a specific date. Please see details in the corresponding 1.1.a. information documents above.
- Employment is contingent upon a criminal background check and your availability to attend and complete the mandatory paid training session.
- Hiring preference will be extended to certified teachers, those with prior Morehead Planetarium & Science Center program experience, and/or those who teach at or attend schools in counties where SIS sites are located.