Admission & Ticket Prices
Tickets go on sale 30 minutes before show time in the Morehead Gift Shop.
Morehead Members | FREE for all regularly-scheduled shows
You must present a valid Morehead membership card for free admission. If you are not a member, you can join online or at the Morehead ticket counter.
Adults | $7.68
Children, students and senior citizens | $6.51
If you want to see more than one planetarium show, you can add additional shows to your same-day ticket for just $3.26 each.
Special pricing is available for field trips and groups (10 or more visitors) with advance reservations. Contact Morehead Guest Relations for more information on field trips and group reservations.
Science Stage Programs & Exhibits
Attention: Winter schedule begins Saturday, Nov. 12
Monday | Closed
Tuesday | 10:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m
Wednesday | 10:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m
Thursday | 10:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m
Friday | 10:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m
Saturday | 10:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m
Sunday | 1:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Monday | 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday | 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday | 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday | 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday | 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday | Closed
Sunday | Closed
Please consult Morehead's calendar for specific show times and exhibit hours.
Morehead is closed on Mondays and on these state holidays: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Tickets go on sale 30 minutes before showtime.
- Children younger than age 3 are admitted free with parent. Please note that a planetarium environment - dark room, bright lights, loud noises - may not be suitable for very young children.
- "Children" - ages 3-12.
- "Students" - anyone who is enrolled in a K-12 school (including homeschool) or anyone who presents a valid student ID card from a college, university or technical school.
- "Seniors" - ages 60 and older.
- If you are bringing a group of 10 or more, please call Morehead Guest Relations (919-962-1236) during regular business hours in advance of your visit to make a reservation.