About the UNC Science Expo
The UNC Science Expo is an annual opportunity for students and faculty at UNC – as well as our partners from around the triangle – to share their research with families via hands-on science demonstrations and activities.
This free event allows visitors to engage with scientists and researchers from a wide variety of backgrounds, including chemistry, physics, marine sciences, archeology, and over 30 other organizations at UNC Chapel Hill. With over 125 tents, 7 stage performances, and 25 tours of 11 different labs, the 2019 UNC Science Expo offered 10,000 visitors of all ages and backgrounds opportunities to pursue their passion for STEM.
When: Saturday, April 4, 2020 11 AM - 4 PM
Check back later for more details – including the schedule of performances, lab tours, and more.
Whether you want to host a table, volunteer or sponsor an event, there are plenty of ways to get involved!
- Sign up here to become an exhibitor.
- Interested in volunteering or sponsoring the event? Contact Cole Anderson.
- Admission is free to this event.
- No registration required.
- Food trucks will be on-site for lunch, snacks and drinks.
- Bring your own water bottle to enjoy fresh, clean water from the Blue Green Machine water purifying system.
- Restrooms are available in the Campus Y building, Phillips, Chapman and Sitterson Halls. Portable toilets are located at each end of Cameron Avenue.
- Free parking: Stadium Drive, Cobb parking deck, Nash, Park Place and Bell Tower parking lots. Paid parking: At metered street spaces or at the Rosemary Street parking decks.
- Bus and car parking: On Skipper Bowles Drive near the Dean Smith Center; catch the free U bus to campus.