Groups have been visiting Morehead Planetarium and Science Center for more than 60 years. Morehead knows how to bring science to life, with exciting and inspiring planetarium shows, Science Stage show and Discovery Classes.
Reservations are required for ALL groups of 10 or more people.
- Complete the online registration form or request a form by email.
- Morehead's Guest Relations team will contact you to discuss field trip options or to complete the reservation.
You are welcome to call Morehead’s Guest Relations team at 919-962-1236 with any questions.
- First Program: Children, students and senior citizens $5.50; Adults $6.50 (planetarium or Science Stage show or Discovery class)
- Multiple Program Discount: $3.25 per person (for each additional same day program)
Every child and adult in your group requires a ticket and must be counted in your group reservation numbers. We provide one free adult ticket for every 10 children.
Seating is limited in our venues:
- 220 seats for planetarium shows
- 75 seats for Science Stage show
- 30 seats per classroom for Discovery Classes. Two classrooms are available to accommodate a maximum of 60 children per hour.
* Exhibits are not open during group visits.
For group reservations, it is Morehead’s policy to communicate directly with an official representative of the group visiting.
If a third party arranges a group visit, they are financially responsible for the visit, and payment is required two weeks in advance of the visit. "Third party" is defined as a company, organization or individual (charter operator, travel agent, etc.) who is not an employee or official of the group.
- 9 DOs and DON'Ts to make your field trip easier (PDF)
- FAQs for Chaperones (PDF)
- School Resource Guide 2015-2016 (PDF) (Issuu)
- Gift Bag order form
- Lunch order form
If you are unable to download PDFs, please email email@example.com to request a copy.