You can learn more about the current Open Minds: Teen Science Café program by clicking here. Want to know about past programs? You'll find a complete list of every past program here on this page.
- May: Zach Nasipak, UNC grad student in Physics and Astronomy || Black Holes & Gravitational Waves
- April: Amy Sayle || Anyone Out There? The Search for Life in the Universe
- March: UNC Neuroscience Students || Neuroscience Escape Room in a Box
- February: UNC Geology Club || Households to Hazards: Geology in Everyday Life
- January: Dr. Ilona Jaspers || E-cigarettes: A good thing? Or not so good?
- December: Tony Rice || Screening of "The Martian"
- October: Chris Apple || A World With Bees
- September: Gulden Othman || Mining for Dark Matter
- February: Dr. Britta Jones || Beyond Genetics: Epigenetics in Autoimmunity
- December: Dr. Donita Robinson || Screening of "Concussion"
- October: The Science of Meditation
- May: William Richards || The Walking Petri Dish
- April: Nick Law || Sky Surveys & Exoplanets
- March: Dr. Donita L. Robinson || How the brain 'codes' reward
- February: Dr. Mark Peifer || How to build an animal—some self-assembly required
- January: 2D Anginelle Alabanza, Kaci Kuntz and Dan Druffel || Nanomaterials
- December: Black Holes and Beyond
- November: Whit McMillan || Secrets of Sea Shells
- October: Tony Rice || Astronomy Updates with Tony Rice
- May: Andrew George || Teen Science Fiction Movie Night: The Day After Tomorrow
- March: Mario Ciocca || Sports Medicine - What a Hit!....Oh No, He is Not Getting Up
- February: Elise Rice || Psychology of Love - Always on my Mind
- January: Chris Clemens || Astrophysics - Rubble in our Solar System and Beyond
- October: Dr. David McNelis || Why Not Nuclear Energy?
- September: Dr. Mike Willis || Mysteries of the Greenland Ice Sheet
- June: Dr. Mark Heise || Science Fiction Movie Night: Contagion
- March: Dr. Roland Kays || Simple Rules to Move By: Coordinated Movement in Groups of Animals and Teenagers
- January: Dr. Keith Payne || How Inequality Affects People's Thinking and Behavior
- November: Dr. Russ Taylor || What is Virtual Reality Good For?
- October: Dr. Bill Goldman || Plague: New Lessons from an Ancient Disease
- September: Dr. Rich McLaughlin & Dr. Roberto Camassa || Making Waves: Fluid Dynamics of Layered Fluids
- August: Paleontologists Kate Dzikiewicz & Alison Moyer || Teen Science Fiction Movie Night: Jurassic Park
- April: Dr. Apurva Dave || Exploring Life in Our Oceans
- March: Dr. Dan Ksepka || Assembling the Tree of Life: How We Know Birds Are Modern Day Dinosaurs